Thursday 10 November 2011

Easy things to do with spare odds and eends of wool!

If you have any spare bits of wool left over from a project or simply someone handed them to you, it can be easy to leave then lying in a draw for years on ends but it doesn't have to be like that. Recently I have started a new project. I have been knitting 10cm by 10cm squares and eventually I will be able to sew them all together and make a blanket or a throw. I also knitted a couple of coasters with bits of wool I had left after making a pair of hand warmers. They can make good litte gifts of help add colour to a 'boring' looking room. I have also found a pattern for making very, very small hats-they would not get on any ones head. I think they are meant to be egg warmers but I have decided to make five in differernt contrasing colours and put a piece of string through them and use them as decorations. They could also be used as christmas tree decorations or small stocking gifts. All the above as so easy to make and ensure that you don't waste any wool. These simple tasks are easy to do(The coasters are the easiest and don;t take a long time) and great for beginners. So make sure your old balls of wool that don't really serve a purpose get turned into something fun. So get knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment