Monday 5 December 2011

Jumpers!!!

This past month or so has been fairly manic-it's getting up to Christmas and both me and my mum have been busy knitting presents for the festive season. It's been great fun but tiring. My mum has been making my nephew(her grandson) a blue and yellow striped jumper-in total the wool, pattern and needles cost about £60.00-don't worry. This jumper is a designer make-the wool is really expensive and buying needles don't help with the cost. Anyone can make a jumper for a fraction of a price and I have been hunting-trying to find the best bargains. The other week I went to a market where they were selling wool and patterns and providing you have the needles -the small toddler jumper only costs £6.00-BARGAIN!! The easiest thing to do however is to buy patterns and look at the type of wool being used-after that you can look at the thickness and tension of the wool and then change it for a cheaper wool that will knit up the same. it's easy to do and only takes an hour or so-many wool shops would do it for you, for free or a small cost. So get knitting jumpers without breaking the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment